Released September 23rd, 2014
- Removing the Editorial Board Knowledge Base box from the "my profile" page
Released September 9th, 2014
- Improvements to user registration confirmation messaging
Released September 2nd, 2014
- Changes to administration email notifications
- Apache Struts upgrade, from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168
Released August 12th, 2014
- Adding weights to taxonomy terms
- Fixing a bug in the figure browser
Released August 5th, 2014
- Bug fixes related to Figshare
Released July 17, 2014
- Update taxonomy thesaurus to 2014-3
- Introduces a content-repo that is a versioning object store service. Ambra is now configured to use this external file store
Released Jun 17, 2014
- An enhancement to administrative functionality around article taxonomy
- An optimization to database queries on home and issue pages
- Enhancements to handling of reference DOI
- Adding support for different content repositories
Released Jun 10, 2014
- A bugfix to taxonomy classification to narrow the criteria for analysis
Released May 27, 2014
- An enhancement to registration verification
- An enhancement to the display of article data availability statements
Released May 20, 2014
- An enhancement to registration surrounding password reset reminders
- An enhancement to the display of article metadata in mobile
- An enhancement to taxonomic analysis - allowing multiple abstract to be utilized
- An enhancement to Administrative functions around user import
- A UI change around the User Profile screen
Released May 6, 2014
- A bugfix to ensure new registration emails are unique
- A bugfix in registration verification
- Administrative enhancements to user import
- A refinement for a test function for displayName uniqueness
- An update to the Administrative environment
Released April 29, 2014
- Patching Struts to version 22.214.171.124
- A bugfix for display of Data Availability Statement on newly published articles
- A bugfix for article ingestion when article payload included striking images
- A bugfix for a test function for displayName uniqueness
- A minor bugfix for a recent SSO migration around welcome email content
Released April 22, 2014
- A bugfix for inline figure and table display for certain articles
Released April 15, 2014
- A bugfix in how we manage reference DOI
- Additional administrative changes: small bug fixes and integration enhancements
- A bugfix for a 500 error retrieving article comments
Released April 8, 2014
- A bugfix in the password change workflow
- Administrative changes: small bug fixes and integration enhancements
Released April 1, 2014
- Update to taxonomy synonyms
- Changes to article logging implementation
- Administrative changes to support additional authentication integration
Released March 25, 2014
- Bug fix in socket management, ensuring streams are properly closed
Released March 18, 2014
- Integration of CrossMark by CrossRef in our article pages
- Minor bug fix around the ORCID integration
Released March 11, 2014
- Code refactoring around ArticleService
- Code refactoring around annotationCitation
- Enhancement to taxonomy cli
Released March 4, 2014
- Support for Collection Review article type
- Fix for comment border display bug
Released February 25, 2014
- Support for ORCID linking with PLOS user accounts
- Fix for white space display bug on some corrections articles
- Syndication queue of citation and abstract data to PubMed
- Exclusion of amendments from taxonomy backfill
Released February 18, 2014
- Migration of corrections and retraction annotation types to article types
- Migration of minor correction annotation type to comment
- Search index inclusion of retractions, expression of concerns and corrections
- UI improvments for above mentioned article types
- Preparation work to support CrossMark for article pages
- Fix for figure lightbox use on tablets
- Fix for an edge case lightbox display bug
Released February 11, 2014
- New figure lightbox for the article pages
- Updated permissions service
- Another fix for input error handling on article list curation tool for PLOS One homepage
Released February 4, 2014
- Reposition of article page media coverage submission link
- Fix for the return of 'unkown' in the article page's media coverage section
- Removal of article page references use of CrossRef backfill for DOI citations
- Increased salt in Ambra's password service
- Break of relationship between DB schemas and Ambra releases (this is backwards compatible)
- Auto login of users after clicking on email verification link
Released January 28, 2014
- Fix for error under certain initial database conditions - originating from an OSS community user
- Fix for input error handling on article list curation tool for PLOS One homepage
Released January 14, 2014
- Article page media coverage: fix for incorrect date display
- Article page media coverage: suppression of date display for non-media and blog coverage links
- Fixes for minor article page display bugs when navigating the across tabs
- Population of description tag for CrossRef syndication
Released December 26, 2013
- URL validation for crowdsourced media coverage form
- Fix for advanced search article type facet
- Reapplying Ambra 2.8.7 mapping for taxonomy synonyms
Released December 17, 2013
- Updates to the article references section including the style of references, the display of DOIs for each reference, the links to the references, and the display of content in the tag.
- A fix for a CSS file path.
Released December 10, 2013
- For Twitter Card metadata fields, use an article's striking image as the image.
Released December 3, 2013
- Subject areas displayed on the article page are now alphabetized.
- Change to the abbreviated publication date month on the article page to full month.
- A fix to display errors correctly on a user's preferences tab.
- A fix to the article author search facet "where my keywords appear".
Released November 26, 2013
- Bug fixes to the search result and subject browse pages.
Released November 19, 2013
- DOI search optimization.
- Add debug analysis back to Solr, the search engine for Ambra. This allows the development team to analyze issues in the Solr log.
- Fix for a letter casing issue in the user registration system.
Released November 12, 2013
- Change the DOI of cited articles in the reference section to CrossRef generated DOIs.
- Fix to properly open reference links to CrossRef, PubMed and Google Scholar in new tabs (browser settings permitting).
Released October 29, 2013
- Created an Ambra administration screen that allows admins to manually select articles for the home page "Featured Article" block. If no articles are selected, then either the "Most Shared Article" in social media or the "Most Viewed Article" by usage stats will be automatically displayed in the block.
Released October 22, 2013
- UI improvements specific to the PLOS templates.
Released October 8, 2013
- Added new metadata tags in the subject area browse pages for SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Minor improvement to the SOLR API response format.
- Display a 404 page for incorrect browser URLs.
Released October 1, 2013
- Addition of FASTA and FASTQ mime types which are used for representing nucleotide or peptide sequences.
- The canonical URL value has been added to all article pages.
- Enable Twitter Cards for article abstracts. Linked articles will display with a "Card" on Twitter containing further information.
Released September 24, 2013
- UI improvements specific to PLOS the templates.
Released September 17, 2013
- A fix for search filter bugs.
- UI improvements specific to the PLOS templates.
Released September 10, 2013
- A back-end fix for error messages incurred from article XSL transforms.
Released August 27, 2013
- Requests to the Solr search engine no longer contain an unused highlighting parameter.
- Ambra no longer makes needless HTTP requests to nih.gov when validating article transforms.
- Several bugs that caused unit test failures on machines running JDK 7 (Java Development Kit) were fixed.
Released August 20, 2013
- Change how recent articles display on the journal home pages.
- Update Ambra to gracefully degrade if there are missing ALM API keys.
- Updates to the Ambra configuration file.
Released August 13, 2013
- Support for ALM API keys in PLOS Queue (syndication) and the Solr indexer. This is a requirement for the release of ALM 2.8 as the updated ALM API requires a key.
- Upgrade to Struts 126.96.36.199
- Update to Saxon XSLT parser in PLOS Queue to use XPath 2.0.
Released August 7, 2013
- Support for ALM API keys in Ambra. This is a requirement for the release of ALM 2.8 as the updated ALM API requires a key.
- Update to the functionality of Recent Articles on the journal home pages. The Recent Articles block will now display articles much faster.
- Changed RSS links on the taxonomy page so that the RSS feed is sorted by date.
Released July 29, 2013
- Bug fix for "Email this Article".
- UI improvements specific to PLOS the templates.
Released July 23, 2013
- Upgrade Ambra to use ALM API v3.
- Users have option to choose the number of results to see on the search result page.
- Upgrade to Struts 188.8.131.52
Released July 9, 2013
- Fix for font size changes and alignment of MathJax equations.
- Fix for the date filter in search.
- Fix for the Twitter spinner.
- Fix for broken PNGs in the article lightbox.
Released July 2, 2013
- Optimizations for viewing article page features using tablets.
- In all figure lightboxes, enable left/right swiping on the main figure being displayed.
- On all article pages, enable right/left swiping in the figure carousel below the tabs.
Released June 25, 2013
- Addition of figure DOIs to the Solr search API.
- Add search functionality to allow users to search for authors and editors based on affiliation.
- Change the way that the Comments tab is loaded in web browsers. The tab is now loaded without a page refresh on the user.s browser.
- The LinkedIn share button has been added to articles.
Released June 18, 2013
- Filter by multiple article types on the Advanced Search page or the search results page to create more advanced search queries.
- Removal of the link to Pubget in the article references section and the CrossRef citation page. If the external DOI linked to an Open Access article, the link to directly download the article PDF from Pubget was displayed. Now that linked DOIs are displayed, this functionality is unnecessary.
Released June 11, 2013
- Enhanced CrossRef querying support for article references. An enhanced search was created to retrieve more DOIs for references.
- Added an explicit .Relevance. sort option in the search results. Currently, search results default to being sorted by "relevance," but it's not listed as a sort option for users. .Relevance" was added as a sort option and will be displayed in the search dropdown option.
- Limit the number of articles returned by saved search to 250.
- A fix for DOI links in references listing http://dx.doi.org/ twice.
Released June 4, 2013
- Updating the CrossRef script that retrieves reference DOIs to include more data in the search.
- Ed board bug fixes and search optimizations.
Released May 28, 2013
- Fix for duplicate DOIs displaying in the article reference section.
- Fix for an extra period displayed at the end of the DOI in the article reference section.
- Add the PDF filename to the Content-Disposition header field when displaying PDFs within a browser.
- IE browser fix for the display of eToCs in the user preferences tab.
Released May 21, 2013
- Enable article PDFs to open in a user.s browser rather than automatically downloading to the user.s computer.
- Display the citation for Formal Corrections and Retractions.
- Refactor of URL rewrites to remove hardcoded paths.
- Fix the error message in Ambra admin if an article publishes when the PLOS Queue (syndication) is not running.
Released May 14, 2013
- Provenance display support on article pages for subset of articles with unconventional XML.
- Fix for table title bolding on article pages.
- Ambra upgrade to Spring 3.2.
- Ambra support for recent CrossRef API changes.
- Find this article online link display - initial changes.
- XHTML tables follow up fix.
Released May 7, 2013
- Early integration of XHTML table support.
- Solr and PLOS Queue refactoring.
- User preferences tab clean up and enhancements.
- Fix for search alerts deletion behavior.
Released April 30, 2013
- A fix for the "Find this article online" link mapping bug.
Released April 23, 2013
- Optimization of the saved search multithreading queue.
- Refactor of article syndication workflow to speed syndication of article XML to CrossRef, article files PMC, and article metadata to Solr.
- Fix for "More by these authors" section on Related Content tab display bug.
Released April 16, 2013
- A redesign of the article page to avoid full page loads when a user switches tabs.
- An update to make the Comments count on the metrics tab match the Readers Comments count on the Comment tab header and left rail table of contents of the article tab.
Released April 9, 2013
- A fix for search alerts. Some users couldn.t modify or delete their search alerts
- Removing all references to Notes from guidelines for commenting.
Released March 26, 2013
- When a new article is ingested, query CrossRef for the DOIs of all cited articles.
- Append figure DOIs to the end of each figure.s title/description in the figure viewer.
Released March 19, 2013
- Add supporting information DOIs to the article page.
- When Solr is not running, Ambra throws Solr exception on home pages.
Released March 5, 2013
- Expression of concern: Content not indented properly for one paragraph.
- Refine security roles.
- Cited article author and editor name suffixes are not saved on ingestion.
- Fix the numbering of references in certain articles.
Released February 26, 2013
- Enhancements and bug fixes to search results and advanced search.
- Updates to the comments dialog box to handle long text.
Released January 29, 2013
- Improvements to the display of equally contributing authors, joint senior authors, and other use cases.
- Upgrade to the Solr 4 search engine.
Released December 20, 2012
- Improvements to the classification of articles used in search.
- Cleanup of code.
- Squashed bugs.
Released December 6, 2012
- Updated the journal templates with HTML5, CSS and jQuery.
- Removal of inline annotations.
- Removal of ratings.
- Removal of the browse page.
- New about the authors tab.
- New article page.
- New figure viewer.
- Added figure search results.
- Replaced Dojo with jQuery
Released December 4, 2012
- Implemented a new subject area classification for search.
Released November 19, 2012
- Database cleanup.
- Additional database fields added for features to come.
Released November 8, 2012
- Saved Search: The User is now able to save search criteria and receive email alerts for newly published articles matching the criteria on a weekly and monthly basis.
Released October 25, 2012
- Fixed bug related to RSS feeds on the search results page.
Released October 23, 2012
- ALM: show percentage of HTML views that lead to a PDF download.
- Registration: streamlined initial login to require fewer steps.
Released October 9, 2012
- Added missing links from the article references section.
- Improved logging for new pingback reporting.
- Remove duplicate DOIs in the references of all articles.
Released September 25, 2012
- Added reCAPTCHA to the Email This Article feature to prevent spammers from sending spam email through this feature.
- Fixed search errors and issue management errors.
- Improved the transaction management code.
Released September 18, 2012
- Added the ability to subscribe (RSS) to a search result.
- Trial Registration was added as a field in Advanced Search.
- Refactored the "Find This Article Online" feature in the article references section. This feature now retrieves results much faster.
- Several fixes were made to the social media displays of Twitter and Facebook.
Released September 4, 2012
- Improved the underlying code structure to facilitate deployment of the registration application separately from the Ambra application.
Released August 29, 2012
- Upgraded Solr, the search platform used by Ambra, to the latest version (Solr 3.6).
Released August 7, 2012
- Retrieve and store Pingbacks made to articles.
Released July 31, 2012
- Added improvements to image display.
Released July 12, 2012
- Added support for finer grain user permissions.
Released July 3, 2012
Released June 21, 2012
- Upgrade to Struts 184.108.40.206 to fix a vulnerability that allows for a code injection attack.
Released June 12, 2012
Released April 26, 2012
- Refactored the Annotation model.
- Performance improvements:
- Improved performance of the AdminTop when displaying a large number of unpublished articels.
- Reduced the number of database queries for FetchArticleAction.
Released April 12, 2012
Released March 8, 2012
- Refactored the User Profile model and underlying data.
Released February 9, 2012
- Added PMC Data to ALM Metrics chart (Completely revamped the chart look and feel).
- Moved the Ambra admin interface into its own module.
Released January 13, 2012
- Refactored article data and associated objects.
- Added new parameters to the annotation feed to display the entire annotation body and the competing interests statement.
- Updated the Browse By functionality.
Released December 16, 2011
- Cleanup of Ambra objects.
- Updated scripts that generate reports on annotations.
Released December 6, 2011
- Created Ambra 2.00 to Ambra 2.01 migration SQL script.
- Bug Fixes:
- Error handling updates to Freemarker templates for articles that have no images.
- Added additional null checks for sessions in Freemarker.
- Updated logic for handling error checking around bad article URIs.
Released October 31, 2011
Released August 3, 2011
- Upgrade to Struts 2.1.8.
- Allow italic, bold, superscript and subscript HTML markup in notes and comments.
- Added citation_journal_title to the Google Scholar indexing metadata.
- Bug fixes:
- In Browse By Publication Date, clicking on a month hyperlink was not displaying the appropriate articles.
- Print Article button on article tabs would print the article tab content, not the actual article.
- Entities added to Correction Notes were not displaying correctly.
- Superscripted Xrefs were not displaying correctly in the article slideshow.
Released June 10, 2011
- Added Most Viewed and Featured Image blocks to the PLOS ONE home page.
- Added Figures and Table Captions to Advanced Search.
- Added articles references to the Google Scholar indexing metadata displayed in the article HTML.
- Decoupled depositing the CrossRef article metadata from the publishing process. This will allow article publishing to continue if there is a failure sending the metadata.
- Updated the CrossRef deposit schema to 4.3.0.
- Bug fixes:
- Most Viewed block wasn't displaying the formatted version of the article title.
- Collaborative authors were not displaying correctly.
- Display name and email did not show up in the user profile if logged in as an admin.
- UI bug fixes.
Released April 22, 2011
- Replaced the Browse by Publication Date and Browse by Subject Categories to use the PLOS Solr API. Article-level Metrics is now included in the browse results.
- RSS feeds are now pulling research article content directly from the PLOS Solr API.
- A number of bugs were fixed in the RSS feeds:
- The complete list of authors, including collaboration authors, has been added to each article.
- The article publication time was changed from 2011.04.21T07:00:00Z to 2011.04.21T00:00:00Z .
- HTML formatting has been removed from article titles.
- The main article abstract is now included in the RSS feed.
- Updated the templates used for user registration, login and profile pages.
- Fixed the copyright XSL transform to accommodate a new public domain wording.
Released March 11, 2011
- Added Google Scholar indexing metadata in the article HTML. See Google Scholar's indexing guidelines for more information.
- Updates to the Administration page:
- Added collaboration authors to articles on the Browse By pages and Issue Table of Contents.
- Support for mp4 and mv4 mime types.
- Add the article publication date.
- Sort articles by DOI or the article publication date.
- Select all or none for publication of articles.
Released November 18, 2010
- Added an auto-ingest feature to allow for scheduling the ingest of articles.
Released September 24, 2010
- XSL stylesheet improvements for NLM DTD 2.3.
- Update Ambra to use Topaz 0.9.5.3. This release of Topaz removes objects filters and improves query performance.
Released July 22, 2010
- Support for NLM DTD 2.3 and new XSL stylesheets. The single XSL stylesheet has been split into two stylesheets: a generic XSL stylesheet to handle NLM DTD 2.3 and an XSL stylesheet specifically for Ambra.
- Support for HTML iframes for advertising blocks.
- Caching of CrossRef search results on the "Find this Article Online" page.
- Updates to the copyright information.
- Bug fixes:
- Fix to author and editor search facet sorting.
Released June 2, 2010
- Now using Solr/Lucene for search with new look and feel and increased performance:
- Display number of Downloads by document type, Number and source of Cited and bookmarked
- Ability to sort results by date and most viewed
- Faceted searching of result set by Journal, Subject Category, Article Type, Where my keywords appear
- See a list of your Most Recent Searches
- Explore More about the Authors, Academic Editors and Institutions in the result set.
- Reciprocal Linking in Research Articles
- Remove formal corrections and retractions from ToC
- Enable Odyssey Press EZ Reprint service
- Enable PubGet on Cross Ref Page
- Automate most recently published blocks
- Add cross ref links for article references
- Add Twitter to Share This Article
- Update Dojo to 1.4
For a complete list of 1.0 features and bug fixes, please see the Ambra 1.0.0 RC1 Tickets, Ambra 1.0.0 RC2 Tickets and Ambra 1.0.0 RC3 Tickets
Ambra 0.9.6 beta
Released January 6, 2010
- No new features were implemented. Happy New Year!
- Bug fixes:
- Changed the article RDFa subject from the publisher to the article URL.
- Minor fixes to Email This Article.
- Encode the plus sign (+) for new user confirmation emails.
- Minor fixes to annotation display.
For a complete list of 0.9.6 features and bug fixes, please see the Ambra 0.9.6 RC1 Tickets
Ambra 0.9.5 beta
Released December 3, 2009
- Added a new syndication service to the Admin panel. This will allow administrators to export article files and metadata to external sources. PLOS is using this syndication service with an internal application built on Apache Camel to send published files to PubMed Central and other external repositories. This is not an out-of-the-box solution as only the service hooks are available in Ambra.
- Added RDFa for the Dublin Core elements in article HTML.
- Added a new action to support a Google Scholar XML feed for published articles.
- Update to the article RHC to display articles cross-published in other journals.
- Improvements to how XSL sheets are configured
- Upgraded the Dojo library to 1.3.2
- Bug fixes:
- Promote a note to a formal correction and the annotation body was removed.
- Templates from other journals were displayed if freemarker.properties template_update_delay was set.
- Templates changes to fix a number of formatting errors encountered in IE6, IE7 and IE8.
- Minor fixes to annotation displays, formal corrections, formatting and messaging.
For a complete list of 0.9.5 features and bug fixes, please see the Ambra 0.9.5 RC1 Tickets and the Ambra 0.9.5 RC2 Tickets
Ambra 0.9.4 beta
Released September 11, 2009
- Maven build separation of Ambra and Topaz. Ambra can now be built independently of Topaz.
- A new article tab in the PLOS templates to display a graph with article pageviews, PDF downloads and XML downloads.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed a prepare-sip NullPointerException for articles that have different DOI format.
- Headings in Issue and Collection table of contents are made plural when appropriate.
- The "Page Not Found" error page, "Site Error" page and an incorrect article DOI return correct Apache error codes.
- CSS fixes.
For a complete list of 0.9.4 features and bug fixes, please see the Ambra 0.9.4 RC1 Tickets
Ambra 0.9.3 beta
Released August 7, 2009
- Allow users to search across multiple journals.
- Display CrossRef citations per article. A new action was created to display citations to articles as recorded by CrossRef.
- Allow admins to override annotation citation information. Correction citations used to be dynamically generated from the article information. If this article information was part of the correction (e.g. title, author name), then the error is propagated in the Correction citation. Now, admins can update the citation information for any annotation to display the correct citation.
- Display plural section headings in BrowseIssue.action if more than one article is displayed (configurable in ambra.xml).
- Display an explanation icon per article type (configurable in ambra.xml).
- Provide the article DOI in the page source. This will be used for serving targeted advertisements.
- A number of outstanding bugs were fixed.
- Separation of the PLOS and Ambra journal templates and CSS re-organization.
- A new annotation feed that includes new notes, comments and ratings per journal.
For a complete list of 0.9.3 features and bug fixes, please see the Ambra 0.9.3 RC1 Tickets, Ambra 0.9.3 RC2 Tickets, and Ambra 0.9.3 RC3 Tickets
Ambra 0.9.2 beta
Released March 25, 2009
- Redesigned article page to accommodate new features and give a better visual experience to the user.
- Tabs are included on the article page for Related Content and Comments.
- ata from external sources is provided on the Related Content tab. Sources include the number of article citations, the number of bookmarks, and the number of blog posts linking to the article. More sources will be added in the future.
- Links to related articles appear in the right hand column of the article page.
- Links to the appropriate issue or collection appear in the right hand column of the article page.
- Competing interest statements were added to all notes, comments and ratings.
- Related subject categories can be displayed in the right hand column of the article page and the Related Content tab.
- The creation of retraction annotation types.
- The Most Recently Published homepage block can be configured to display a set number of articles, articles from within a published date range and an article white list (e.g. display only research articles).
- Articles can be ordered within an issue and in the table of contents.
- Formal corrections and retractions are now displayed in the table of contents next to the appropriate article.
- The administration portal was overhauled to provide a better workflow for creating volumes and issues.
- The administration portal was updated to allow manual ordering of articles within an issue.
For more detail on Ambra 0.9.2, see the Ambra 0.9.2 Tickets
Ambra 0.9.1 beta
Released January 29, 2009
- Revamp of Ambra search to use Mulgara (does not include update to the search UI)
- Support of article packages greater than 4Gb in size
- Support of article packages in tar format
- Support for very large assets (e.g. supporting info files) outside of memory
- Fixes to formal corrections
- Fixes to citations
- Fixes to citation downloads
- Article-level feeds for top-level notes/comments on an article
- Updates to admin panel for administering notes/comments
- Many fixes to the UI including line wrap for long gene sequences, browser-specific bugs, wrapping long URLs in annotations/articles, etc.
- Cleanup of content models, back-end bug fixes, etc.
Ambra 0.9.0 beta
Released September 1, 2008
- Upgrade to Mulgara 2.0.1
- Upgrade to Ehcache 1.4.1
- Moved to Bitronix Transaction Manager because of bug in JOTM
- Object level caching for applications
- Rework of ingest to peform image processing pre-ingest and improve performance
- Upgrade to Dojo 1.1
- Mulgara write-lock cleanup
- Many enhancements to improve performance and stability
- Many fixes to the UI including volumes/issues, correction annotations, ratings, slideshow figures, etc.
- Cleanup of content models, back-end bug fixes, etc.
Ambra 0.9.0 rc1 beta
Released July 16, 2008
- Pre-ingest script (prepare-sip) for images transforms.
- Re-architected the cache code.
- Moved transactions to read-only queries where possible.
- Optimized slideshow retrieval/display.
- Optimized many actions (e.g. FetchArticleAction, GetAverageRatingsAction, etc.).
- Lots of Ambra code improvements.
- Upgraded to Dojo 1.1.
- Upgraded to Mulgara 1.2 (multi-core!).
- Upgraded to Lucene 2.3.
- Upgraded to ehCache 1.4.1.
- Many Ambra configuration changes for ease of installation.
Ambra 0.8.2.1 beta
Released February 26, 2008
- Minor corrections on articles
- Formal corrections on articles
- "View All" corrections page
- Admin interface for converting notes to corrections
- Citations for formal corrections
- Advanced search:
- Search by author name
- Search article text
- Search by date published
- Search by subject category
- Support for note DOIs in the DOI resolver
- Dynamic "Most Viewed" tab for journal home pages
Ambra 0.8.2 beta
Released January 11, 2008
- Fixes to Browse by Issue (Table of Contents) to add more article types and next/previous links
- A dynamic Browse by Journal (Journal Archive) page
- A single rating field for all front matter articles (e.g. Editorial, Opinion)
- Affiliation footnote links are displayed for group authors
- Minor FreeMarker and CSS fixes
- Updates to the volume and issue object models
- Migration from OSCache to ehcache for faster performance
- Administrative interface for viewing and releasing caches
Ambra 0.8.1 beta
Released October 25, 2007
- Display links to related articles on Article and Browse pages
- Administrative interface for collecting Articles into Issue and Issues into Volumes
- Administrative interface for attaching Issue Image article to Issues, and setting the current Issue
- Browse by Issue (Table of Contents) page
Ambra 0.8 beta
Released September 20, 2007
- Enable multiple journals using a single repository
- Skins for multiple journals
- Filter search results by journal using OTM
- Trackback links for articles
- Citation download for the published article
- A fix to a rating display issue in IE7
- Allow multiple e-mail addresses for "E-mail this Article"
- Administrative modifications to annotations
- Administrative interface for multiple journals
- Migration to the Struts 2 web application framework
Ambra 0.7 beta
Released July 9, 2007
- Ratings feature
- Architecture overhaul
- Removal of a layer of web services and increased performance
- Object Triple Mapping (OTM) which speeds retrieval of objects
- Object Query Language (OQL) that is similar to HQL, an object-oriented query language from Hibernate
- Atom syndication format
Ambra 0.6 beta
Released April 20, 2007
- Browse features
- Full Safari support
- Cross section and cross paragraph annotations now work correctly
- Image cache is properly flushed when an article is deleted via the admin console
- Resend address verification e-mail feature
- Removed alerts e-mail address
- After submitting profile for a new user, you get directed to alerts tab
- Users can change their e-mail address now
- New templates for the profile pages are available for customization
- New organization types on profile page
- Article title and journal title is in title of page now
- Fixed RDF header in Ambra Journal pages